new york inspections

89SupremeCutty

that's what I was thinking... umm... as far as i know it will not fail you, but idk.. I think emmisons and saftey stuff like tie rods or tire tread or lighing type ofthing are all that will fail you. that's why I like knowing people, cuz nys inspection really sucks if you don't go to the right place.

I dont think it would be....but im not sure. I can ask some of the mechanics i know. If you know someone though t shouldnt be a problem. I know the guy who put the sticker on my TGP. He didnt even look the car over, just took the old sticker off and put a new one on.

No they are not. I have the cutlass ub3 in my car and I do not have the gear indicator and pass inspection without a problem. Just don't go to Joe's Garage on Lake View road. They'll tell you, you need a new dashboard for $2000 in order to pass.

joes is really expensive. i'd never go there. i usually go to a place here in angola for the inspections and they're pretty good. thanks for the info!

No they are not. I have the cutlass ub3 in my car and I do not have the gear indicator and pass inspection without a problem. Just don't go to Joe's Garage on Lake View road. They'll tell you, you need a new dashboard for $2000 in order to pass.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its funny because its true!!

I was gona ask where in NY you are, I know some good places in Utica that don't even really check the car.

im in angola, about 20 mins south of buffalo. utica is far far away from me lol. addicted, you still in eden?

im still thinking of ordering those reverse glow gauges. not seeing what gear im in dosn't bother me.

usually when something has to be done "blindly" like in this situation, GEAR SELECTION, it's probably a safety violation.

The gear selection doesn't work in the wagon but it passed. Then again, who shifts gears during an inspection? :lol:

I have to fix my horn issue and a chip in my windshield before June :(

usually when something has to be done "blindly" like in this situation, GEAR SELECTION, it's probably a safety violation.

The gear selection doesn't work in the wagon but it passed. Then again, who shifts gears during an inspection? :lol:

I'm willing to bet most inspectors don't bother nor care. But there's a chance you'll get someone that goes 100% by the books that will call the failure. Even if the indicator bulb is out, it isn't supposed to pass safety.

Don't worry about the chip in the windshield. Just as long as its not a crack longer than 11 inches and in the line of sight of the driver its still legal.

Is that 11" rule what it is in NY? I've got to get my vert inspected but I'm nervous about them calling me out on my windshield crack. It's getting pretty big but I know replacing it is going to be a PITA!