Door noise when opening

j_mezz

My 93 cutlass makes an loud and awful creeek when you open the door? I've tried oiling and greasing which works for about 5 minutes, any ideas short of replacing the hinges?

White Lithium grease is what you should be using. That's what GM recommends.

It's more than likely your check link that is making the creeking noise.

• 2 months later...

Winnar! It was the link assembly, never thought of it cause it did seem to be working properly.

Thanks for the tip 5speedz34, you get a cookie!

CHOCOLATE_CHIP_COOKIE.jpg

COULD be a wearing lower drivers door pin putting more and more load on it as it wears away...but thats just my hypothesis as i too have this problem but my door has vertical play from the pin.....ohh and by the way are these hard to replace?

Easy to replace! You pull out the rubber gasket on the door, undo 2 bolts there (8 mm), and then one bolt on the body side. Then pry up the door panel in that corner, reach in and pull it out. Took about 15 minutes.

does anybody know where to get that part. mine snap aweful every time i open and shut the door. if you look at it while it moves you can tell that the hole is oblong. Can anyone say if the ones from the back doors will work on the front. both my front ones are shot but the backs are always fine

I got a pair recently from newgmparts.com - search for part number 10204701 - they were $29.26 each.

Oh, and I don't know if the backs are the same as the fronts.

They are listed seperately on the website but the price is the same.

Yeah, I got the part number from the invoice they sent with the parts but I only have 2-door cars...

must be different in the back...