89SupremeCutty

this weekend im gonna go to one of the u-pull yards and get new gauges. right now i have the base cluster in my lumi, the one without the tach. if i got one from a monte with column shift or a lumi with the tach gauges that also had column shift, would it be a direct swap?

i also have been looking at some reverse glow gauges that i like. i found one i really like, but i can't get it if i get the cluster with the tach: CV99LM-3889RGX.JPG

i alos like this one: CV99LM-2369RGX.JPG

but my dilemma is that i have column shift and it dosn't show the gear indicator.

does anyone know of any sites that sells them for the 95-99 lumina/monte?

Yes, it is a direct swap.

Just make sure if you have a 95-96, you get it from a 95-96. The other years will work, but your fuel gauge will not. I went through this before when I swapped one into my '95. I believe it is then 97-98 and then 99-01 (00-01 for Luminas only, Monte doesn't apply) To play it safe, though, I recommend getting it ONLY from the same year car.

Also, that's the only problem with the glow gauges, you either have no indicator, or the indicator, but no tach. At least that's the way it is with the eBay glow gauges.

that's what i've seen from the ebay ones too. i have a 98 so i'll definately make sure it comes from the same year. what's different between the years that the fuel gauge dosn't work?