Interior suggestions. Please add your opinions

Panopticon

hey guys, I actually have 2 questions in 1 but wanted to save making 2 new threads. ok first, Ive been thinking of painting my interior trim (aka the woodgrain stuff) to a flat or matte black. Do you guys think that'll look ok? Heres how it is now.

350313_17_full.jpg

Also, Who here has had a paint job done buy a shop? Was it expensive? How did it turn out? did it last ? etc.etc......I'm looking into some minor rust removal with new paint, and Im in need of some ideas. Im also a DIY'er with a compressor :D

I would try to match the color of the dash with the gray.

Painting items like that are extremely easy and cost efficent; if don't like it change it with a $3 can of paint.

As for the exterior, I've had my parents station wagon repainted with enamel paint.

Over time that does fade away (high UV rays in CO) but, it's very durable and cheap.

Clear coat / base coat will always run you a fortune, but it's a factory look if done right the FIRST time.

But, no matter what, if the car is not correctly preped and torn down, the new coats will be nothing near factory spec.

Shine, overspray, tape lines, etc: if you're a perfectionist, prepare for a very high bill.

That's from personal experience and personal taste... see what other may say.

- Erik

I had thought about buying a Regal before, and I hate fake woodgrain. My thoughts on that was to paint it a glossy dark metallic gray.

Either that or a light metallic silver to match your stereo.

I had a 1988 regal. It was white with the maroon interior and wood grain dash. I hated that fake wood thing, but never painted it. Now if I owned it the damn wood be changed immediately. So paint it, it can't look any worst than the wood!!! :P :cheers: :peace:

w-body.jpg

i would probally get on from you local j/y and play with it to get the right look then if you want to sell the car later and they want it org. you got the org. peice