How hard to install a new thermastat in the 3100 V6 SFI?

Dannymik

Its actually a pain in the ass. You gotta remove the exhaust crossover pipe to get to the housing. You can do it in about an hour, if you've done it before ;-). Wish they werent so hard to install!

Its actually a pain in the ass. You gotta remove the exhaust crossover pipe to get to the housing. You can do it in about an hour, if you've done it before ;-). Wish they werent so hard to install!

You've got to be kidding me? The exhaust manifold? That's extra work thats not needed, even according to a basic Chiltons manual. :shock: Dannymik, (with a cold engine) if you can pull the upper rad hose, unbolt the two thermostat housing bolts and crack open a seal on that housing, you're in. Once off, clean (if needed) the old themostat gasket and any gunk around there. No more than a hour of time is needed if you have mechanical experience. Best of luck! :D

- Erik

You've got to be kidding me? The exhaust manifold? That's extra work thats not needed, even according to a basic Chiltons manual. :shock: Dannymik, (with a cold engine) if you can pull the upper rad hose, unbolt the two thermostat housing bolts and crack open a seal on that housing, you're in. Once off, clean (if needed) the old themostat gasket and any gunk around there. No more than a hour of time is needed if you have mechanical experience. Best of luck! :D

- Erik

Thats directions for the 2.8/3.1. Take a look at a lower manifold of a 3100

I didn't get the part yet, but want to here from the peeps on here about the 3100 procedure. It sounds like its going to be a problem for me. Just makes me wonder who engineered these engines and there outlook on maintenance. :x :cuss: :dammit: :guns: :verymad: :think: :bs: :bash: :flip:

w-body.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe they would design something like that. I put this Cutlass all back together...except the t-stat. I completely forgot about it. What a pain in the ass.

I agree!! And apparently we have a new guy named Eril. :lol: :lol:

Just kidding man :wink:

Let the poor man be...

...See! Look what happens when I get flustered! :shock: :lol:

- Erik

I can't believe they would design something like that.

I Can, thats a typical GM trademark. GM's motto should be:

"It works, SHIP IT!"

A good friend of mine (in the Sy/Ty community) refers to GM cars and trucks as Super Model Girlfriends that give great head. You always have to put up with their shit all the damn time, but when they put out, they really put out... he mostly means that for ther sy/tys, but it could apply for our cars too...

- Justin

my cousin organizes the s-series national show and he has been talkin with the ty/sy community to join up and have the nationals with the reg mod s-series trucks to make it even bigger i work the show for my cousin as staff in kc its a cool good show to have some fun and party!!!

the show this year got minitruckin coverage i think it will be the september or october issue

so he is hopin for national coverage there was 18 different states represented at the show this year

any auto national show can be fun if organized right