Those of you with aftermarket gauges.........

Venom

What are you running? I bought a universal dual pillar pod and Im looking to put in water temp and volt gauges. Ive got two water temp gauges (one autometer and one Faze) and some generic Sunpro ones that I will use for now. Just wanted to get a feel for whatever everyone else is using to see whats out there. Not looking to spend a lot, but prefer something with a white or grey face. Post up what you got.

I have a boost gauge and air/fule ration gauge in my car....but you would have no use for either of those. Mine are cheapys. The boost is a autometer and i the the a/f is a AEM or something. I dont much care for either of them and the pillar pod they are in looks terrible. Im prolly gonna have a guy i work with glass me a new pillar pod and get some better gauges.

IMO Autometer instruments aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Well then I guess majority of the professional racers are using crappy gauges then, right :wink:

So what gauges are good by your standards??

For water temperature and voltage, pretty much any cheapo gauge will work fine.

Thats what I was thinking too. Summit racing even has their own brand of gauges that are pretty cheap also. I just cant justify spending $50-$70 just on one gauge because it says Autometer on it. They are nice gauges and Ive run them before in my previous Camaros, but I really dont need them for my CS

For water temperature and voltage, pretty much any cheapo gauge will work fine.

I really like the white face Sunpros that AutoZone now carries. That is what I had last in my 89 GP...

Those are cool, but for some odd reason look a little ricey to me. I guess I just like full sweep gauges though because if those were full sweep I would dig them..

I would say get those, and then a whiteface gauge overlay from ebay just so things kinda match.. .From what I understand, you just get one for a GP...

IMO Autometer instruments aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Well then I guess majority of the professional racers are using crappy gauges then, right :wink:

So what gauges are good by your standards??

I couldn't tell you. I've never seen a stock or aftermarket gauge that was truly "accurate."