Door handle not working

bluegp

I think this a common problem: the exterior (driver side; 2 door) door handle stopped opening the door. Now, it only opens with the interior handle. (going through the passenger side is getting pretty old!)

What needs adjusted to fix this? I thought I saw something a while back about an adjustment to one of the rods under the small cover in the door jamb - is that it or does the door panel need to be taken off to gain access to the correct part?

Guest Anonymous

Take the access cover off. Remove the clip on the rod that attaches to the handle. (not the lock) Turn the little cylinder thing on the rod up. As if you were trying to take it off. Give it a couple turns and see if it works.

Take the access cover off. Remove the clip on the rod that attaches to the handle. (not the lock) Turn the little cylinder thing on the rod up. As if you were trying to take it off. Give it a couple turns and see if it works.

THANKS! That did the trick.

I have had that same problem after replacing the door handle. The replacement part needed an adjustment to that little piece and it was back to normal.

[/img]