Just got back my regal from motor swap....

LeeTheDeuce

I have explained the story in previous thread long story short bought a car from dealership 96 buick regal. put money into it on top of that not even 3 months engine is totally shot. so dealership changed it out now, seems to be ok, the idle seems to vibrate more or something. also got it back and the thing is smoking they said its from them cleaning it. I even brought it back to them. I ran it for a while to looking at it. seems to be no leaks and it seemed like it was coming off the radiator but it was windy so.... The other thing i am concerned is now the plastic thing on top that says series 2 is gone. so i dont know whats up the guy said its from a 2002 that had 80k. I was wondering how i could tell to make sure. Cuz it looks like an older 3800 to me i can get pics to in the morning.

Thanks,

Lee

WTF are you trying to say? :thinking:

:werd:

Spending a extra couple minutes to use proper grammar and sentence structure will go a long way towards getting helpful posts.

I think he wants to know how to identify the year and make of the motor the dealership put in.. Sounds to me like he thinks they put in a Series I 3800..

they probably did replace it with a Series II, but forgot to put the engine cover back on. swapping out to an older Series-I would be alot of work so i seriously doubt they did that. take a pic of the engine....

Actually, without the covers on them, Series I's and Series II's look quite a lot alike unless you know what to look for........

Just look for the PS reservoir...........if it's up top, it's a Series I, if you can't see it, it's a II.

Just look for the PS reservoir...if you can't see it, it's a II.

Fucking stupidest design ever.

Yeah no shit.

BTW... how the hell can you mistake a series 1 and 2????? There are OBVIOUS cosmetic differences beyond the text on the cover.

BTW... how the hell can you mistake a series 1 and 2????? There are OBVIOUS cosmetic differences beyond the text on the cover.

NAWWWWW

Just a few off the top of my head, that I can tell from that picture of the S1 posted....the S2's have a longer UIM, PS reservoir is in a different place, alternator is in a different place, airbox setup is different, motor mounts are different.