tires

kfahn

ok, i have the stock silver 5-spoke rims, and i need tires. What's the best brand, what's the best size, or whatever the hell you think

(right now they are 225/60-16)

OK well here's my two cents... the Falken Azenis is one of the best performance tires out right now that is not an R compound.(for the money) Kumho Ecsta 712's are better for all around drivability, durability.(for the money) I'm sure someone is gonna reply with something like Michelin or Perelli or some other $250 tire but I have never had $250 tires! I'd go with the stock size unless you wanna go with different wheels, cuz wether you go bigger or smaller, they'll still probably look a little odd.

I've been told by a HUGE amount of people that the Kuhmo's WILL break up on you. These by ricers, and people w/ heavily modified suspensions. I won't trust them. I am running Toyo Proxes FZ4's. Only $145 per tire (245/45/ZR17) so your's won't be that much. I love them.

I have the hankook ventus hrII's on my car right now...and for the money they were the best ones i could find...they have a 340 treadwear rating so they aren't going to wear out fast, and they stick to the road just as good as my Parada's did...

I'm running Dunlop SP Sport A2s right now. 225/50/16

I've been very very impressed with them over the year that I've owned them. They were 150 some odd at CT.

Treadwear: 420

Traction: AA

Temperature: A

i am also considering putting on 245 wide tires on, i have talked to RedCutlassSL about this, and have recieved good reviews about it, any other views?

good cheep tire i found was Goodyear walmart brand amarican eagles 60,000mile warrenty. at like $70a pop.

stay away from Dunolop touring big big pos tires!!! i had those for about 30,000-35,000 miles and they were shot those were rated at 80,000miles..

I have 245/50R16 BFGoodrich KDWS tires on my stock Monte rims. They look awesome, grip well, and handle well especially considering that they're not supposed to fit a 6.5" rim!

Tim

i am talking about putting an oversized tire on the stock rim,

for example, RedCutlassSl has 245/50-16 tires on his wheels that should have 225/60/16 tires, and timG has oversized tires as well

I'm sure someone is gonna reply with something like Michelin.....

How'd u guess. :lol: I have Michelin XW4's in the stock size. I've put 40,xxx Miles on them and they still have lots of life (eventhough I like to corner hard) They were only like $115 a piece I think.

That's my $.02

I get 2 go thru the used tires at the local ntb, take the good 1s, mount em up and they cost me NADA.

corse its not legal 2 allow people 2 take old tires marked junk and use em again, but shhhhh.

-Jeff