fuel tank

rockfangd

hi everyone. I went fishing today and i had just filled my tank, when i parked at the incline where i fish i started to smell gas. so i looked and i see it dripping from the back. My question is being this is a 94 with all original 100,000 miles even though the fuel pump and sending unit work fine should i bother getting new of those too or would i be better off switching everything to the new tank, as of right now i can get a tank, straps, strainer, and fuel pump for 186, but without the pump it will only cost me 100. any insight is highly appreciated.

For only $86 more, I'd go for the full monte.

I'd also make sure your hard lines aren't rusted and your rubber lines aren't rotted.

very common. they rot at the seam at the rear of the tank. salt likes to sit on the seam and voila holey tank lol. I have done so many tanks. I will post a pic tomorrow of the one i just did in a 95 chevrolet lumina. classic example. lol i can almost stick my fist in the holes lol