Interior Swap

Venom

So basically Im in the market for an all new interior in my CS. Not only do I hate the blue, but its in pretty poor shape as far as the carpet and seats are concerned. But I had real trouble last year finding and 95-97 CS that werent blue or even a 95-97. But Grand Prixs are in abundance everywhere I go. So my question is: What is the interchangability between Grand Prix and CS interiors? I know the dashes are different, but what about door panels, carpet (2-Door), and all the interior panels and seats? Because if they are the same I can expand my search and go from there. If no one is for sure, I guess I will just take a peak at a few when Im at the yards next. TIA

I am pretty sure the entire interior, from a Grand prix, Regal, and Lumina, are interchangeable. I think someone on the board here has a Grand Prix interior on their cutlass..

Ive been wanting the GP dash in my CS as well. Everything else in my car is fine though since its not blue :razz:

I know the dash can be installed, center console, and possibly the door panels, but I doubt the rear interior panels fit since that is a major difference in the sheetmetal and design between the CS's, GP's, Regals, and Luminas

BTW, we still on to hit the yards this weekend?? Are they even open on Sunday???

door panels, dash, seats, rear shelf, rear panels are cutlass supreme specific if you want it all to match. I personally hate when things are mismatched from other cars (like fabric patterns and such) so you COULD just do an entire GP interior swap if you want to. The problem areas you'll face are that the GP coupes kept the door mounted seatbelts thru 1996, so your B-pillar panels will need modifying. Also grab the interior wiring harness.

I personally hate when things are mismatched from other cars (like fabric patterns and such) so you COULD just do an entire GP interior swap if you want to.

I agree. You'll prettey much need every interior piece from the donor car for everything to look and fit right.

Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well, I guess Ill keep my eye out for a 95-97 CS then. Its either that, or start dyeing the other panels gray or black.

Bob- The Pull a Part in Cleveland is open everyday from 8-5. I actually went up last Sat morning with Ritch (sorry, it was on a late Friday night whim and he couldnt do it Sun)and got my fender and bumper off a black 93, but there are dozens of GP and a lot of 4 CS but only one 95 2 door. So I still got a huge list and so much more to look at that I didnt even get to. BTW there was a red 93 CS vert with white leather interior up there too. Interior was destroyed though. Ill get VIN and pics the next time I go up. Ill let you know when.

Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well, I guess Ill keep my eye out for a 95-97 CS then. Its either that, or start dyeing the other panels gray or black.

Bob- The Pull a Part in Cleveland is open everyday from 8-5. I actually went up last Sat morning with Ritch (sorry, it was on a late Friday night whim and he couldnt do it Sun)and got my fender and bumper off a black 93, but there are dozens of GP and a lot of 4 CS but only one 95 2 door. So I still got a huge list and so much more to look at that I didnt even get to. BTW there was a red 93 CS vert with white leather interior up there too. Interior was destroyed though. Ill get VIN and pics the next time I go up. Ill let you know when.

Hmm, I looked on the website and is shows Mon-Sat

Oh well, it ok. I may go up there on Tuesday then. Do you know how good condition the doors was on the CS?? And how much are they.

Hmm, I looked on the website and is shows Mon-Sat

Oh well, it ok. I may go up there on Tuesday then. Do you know how good condition the doors was on the CS?? And how much are they.

On second thought, I think they are closed on Sun.

What year did they change the door design from seatbelts on the door to on the pillar? Because their were no 95-97 2 door CS up their but I dont know what year they changed the config anyways. Doors are $28.71 I believe with like a $3 core charge. Most looked to be in good shape though.

Cool, well I prolly wont have the cash to get a door soon now..

Im buying a nice black 93 Caddy Eldorado tomorrow. Brake lines are shot and the old lady was just gonna scrap it. A towing company was gonna tow it to a junkyard in trade for the title.. I offered her $300. She said sure. She called me back, was able to talk me up to $400 (has new tires) and I said sure. Needless to say, she knew how to talk a guy up :lol:

She said she will bring the title up tomorrow and keys and wish me luck. I told her thanks, because I am really gonna need it :lol:

I haz a sawzall :lol:

yeah. that could be done. ghettto! LOL

LOL, Well my car is multi color right now. Last time someone asked what color my car is, I replied "Calico" :lol:

....coming from the guy who uses old used prepaid phone cards to try to repair rocker panels :lol:

LOL, Well my car is multi color right now. Last time someone asked what color my car is, I replied "Calico" :lol:

yeah... but is it 7+ different colors? where's that pic of my lumina???

with regard to interior swaps, Stock GP put a 97 CS dash in a 91? GP.

....coming from the guy who uses old used prepaid phone cards to try to repair rocker panels :lol:

it worked. and they were hidden anyhow! I wasn;t going to have a rocker panel mess like smooth has.

besides... PLASTIC DOES NOT RUST!

So this is what it feels like to have a thread de-railed? Awesome. Let me take it in a minute...........mmmmmmmm.........yeah.............. What was my question again?.............. Ehh nevermind. :lol: