Front Door Speaker Size for '90 GP STE

sonick

Okay, so looking at getting some aftermarket speakers for my ol' GP, and just wondering what speaker sizes it is.

According to the install guide, the front dash is 4x6, but I am wondering about the front doors (woofer+tweeter in mine) . I tore open the door today to measure, and from what I remember looks like it measures 5" exactly in diameter across the woofer, but 6.5 from screw-to-screw.

Are the stock speakers a standard size (5.25" or 6.5)? If so, what size speakers should I get if I don't want to do any hacking and retrofitting?

If not, what's the best size to get for minimal hacking?

Lastly, how do I remove the tweeter from the door panel? There aren't any screws to remove :willynilly:

Thanks

Stock STE front door speakers are 6.5". By the way, on the STEs, the front 4" x 6" speakers are missing.

lol yeah i figured that out a few days ago when I ripped open my dash trying to find the damn factory amp. What a gyp! I've been had the last 18 years thinking my car had 10 speakers!