Weighed my car today.

z34_nut

And god is it one big fat ass.

Full tank of gas + me. 3,750...

Fuck that. These AQ9 seats aren't helping, and neither is the 100lbs of dynamat. Also, my stereo system is killing me. I want to utilize this car... I'm done with the bling... I think for the most part anyway. I kinda wanna gut this thing, and re-do the entire interior.

Well, after I get my vette back, its going into serious consideration. I might have some parts for sale if I decide to tackle this project.

Also, my car passed CA smog... :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

My prix is 3,300lbs almost exactly. it weighed 3450 with me in it. minus 150 of me = 3300. thats no stereo or spare in trunk. nothing inside except all interior parts and me.

wow my GP isn't too bad then. I thought it was heavy at 3450 w/ half a tank of gas and nobody in it.

That is w/ sub, box, 3 amps, dynamat, no spare and some heavier susp parts.

Not to bad then....so plus another 180 for me and 50 more lbs for a full tank, is 3680....not to far behind kyle...only 80 lbs.

Me in my 96 CS and almost no gas :willynilly: weighed out at 4019lbs :willynilly:

Im 260, so do the math..lol

I went over the scales with all the brake rotors to scrap at 4626lbs.... I think I was at the limit of the GVWR :lol:

I think your GP is lighter, dude. If you're lighter than I am and you have all that extra stuff, you're a good 200 pounds lighter than mine. I'd LOVE to get the car to 3100.

well...then there is my honda hatch...lol

2200 lbs....

1340 in the front...860 in the rear...LOL

If you are going by the sticker on the door jamb... Then you are sadly mistaken... Those are your GVWR figures, which is in essence loaded capacity. Not the actual weight by any means.

My Z06 weighed in at 3040 with me and a full tank! :)

I wanna get that car under 3k when I'm done with it...

Anyway, tomorrow I figure I'm going to tear it apart some what tomorrow. Figure out where allot of this weight is...

BTW, I don't want to turbo it. I'll be building a nitrous engine so I can still get this bitch smogged.

I could probably knock about 200 lbs out of my Camaro if I tried, but that's about the extent of it. I still have the steel hood, somewhat heavy 17" SS wheels, oem K member, all options inside....

Speed holes in your frame will do the job (drill + big ol drill bit).

Actually, me and an engineer figured triangles would loose more weight, and be much stronger.