Subframe whooped my ass

mra32

Upgraded to the 34mm swaybar + poly mounts and when reinstalling everything, I couldn't get the one subframe bolt to catch threads at all. What gives? It sorta felt like there was a piece that moves that was what the bolt was actually threading into. Could this be the source of my problem.

I am really tired, so please excuse any grammar that doesn't make sense

It's a large body nut that you're threading the bolt into. It moves around in there, so be careful and try to get the bolt in straight. "Sometimes" pushing the nut all the way up with the bolt helps, and always start it by hand.

yep

Brian is right.

stick your finger in the hole to help line up the nut....then press the bolt all the way up against it..and start threading by hand to keep from cross threading

damn that is a nice GP :mrgreen: i never knew that before. all i know is that last year while attempting my power steering lines i could not get the subframe bolts to loosen at all. maybe they are not a job for an impact gun lol

Mine was a bitch putting in. Mainly because I had to take the downpipe out...

rockfangd, yours shouldnt be a problem. Mine came out with a 1/2" ratchet.

Also, before you put the bolt back in, use some anti-sieze or whatever you guys call it. This will prevent the nut from rusting to the bolt and prevent it from breaking if you need to take it apart in the future.

yep

Brian is right.

stick your finger in the hole to help line up the nut....then press the bolt all the way up against it..and start threading by hand to keep from cross threading