Thinking of fixing up 97 lumi that needs trans

ismellrealbad

http://cnj.craigslist.org/car/596409482.html

Thinking of buying this, fixing, then selling for some quick cash. I think kbb said its worth about $2k. I still have my old 4t60e from before the swap. I had about 100k on it and was fine. Unfortunately I never drained the fluid and its been sitting outside under a tarp almost 4 years.

1) Do you think my trans will still work after draining and refilling?

2) If so what should I offer him, $600?

1. I dont see why the trans wouldnt work. Cars sit longer than that and still work. Just drain it, clean it up and I bet it will be fine.

2. Yes, lowball his ass.

3. Make some money!

I was all set to do that. Picked up a '99 that needed a trans, and paid $240 for the car, $200 for a trans, and $200 to have it installed. Before I could flip it for $1200 or so, my now ex-wife took it. She's trying to get $3000 for it with over 160,000 miles on it. I looked up KBB on this one, and it wasn't worth $1200, even. It's got a salvage title and body damage.

Good luck on that...sure can be the way to make a quick grand or so.

Went and looked. It was kinda shitty. It had uncofortabel as fuck recaro front buckets and a pretty clean interior. Paint was almost decent, tires were almost new. The motor actually sounded healthy but was covered in oil and dirt. Def going to need at least valve cover gaskets n probably LIM. A/C had no freeon and compressor was covered in shit. Compressor was probably leaking. Idk I wouldnt give him any more than 400 for that. I didnt even offer him anything I told him ill just think about it.