The cure to my problems...but still some

godofthunder

Well, while doing an interior detail, ill looked in the Fuse box for the hell of it. Heres what I found

*Dash lighter doesnt work...guess what, blown fuse, to high. It was 20, needs 15.

*Daytime Running Lights - No fuse, so put in a 15A it asked for. In the bright sun the didnt work, so I will see if it does anything tonihgt.

*Cruise control - Ok, wires sticking into it! So i pulled out the wire, and tada, after a trip (I had to get over 50MPH though for it to kick in), it worked. WOW!

So heres my questions..

1) When should CC kick in? Above a certian speed?

2) DRL - Do they not work in the bright sun? What else should I look for to fix?

3) Does anyone else have wires running into the box? I remember when I got the car, it had a phone and antenna wired in. I have that other lighter/outlett on the side of the console..but i think it was plugged into there. Could these wires be other aftermarket things...now uninstalled?

jon

1) When should CC kick in? Above a certian speed?

Well, I've heard two explainations:

A.) the car needs to be going faster enough for the VSS to recieve a signal

B.) ...or I've also heard since the CC is vacuumed controlled it needs negative vacuum from the main vac system... :?

However, at 30mph the CC works for me both on my old Cutlass and the Carlo.

- Erik

30 MPH mine engages.
...it needs negative vacuum from the main vac system...

Wouldn't that be boost? :?

That's what I've heard, but I don't believe it either.

CC needs vacuum to apply the gas pedal to hold the car at a steady speed. There we go. :oops:

Mmmm... boost.. ughghughghguhghhg...

Side Note: WHOO HOO! Over 1000 posts.

I am now officially a freak... now I can tell my co-workers I know alot! :shock: :roll:

- Erik

Side Note: WHOO HOO! Over 1000 posts.

I am now officially a freak... now I can tell my co-workers I know alot! :shock: :roll:

- Erik

sweet and congratulations, i have a long way to go!

Looking more at it..mine does come on arround 35 MPH too.

Now more things

The cig lighter still doesnt work, with the new fuse

AND

Now, my rear passengers side interior light is stuck. So im going play with it tommorw

any ideas

jon

Ok

Just looking at more stuff...the cig lighter just blew the new fuse. So, oh well. Its got to be some wiring thats shorting out with it. So...im just taking out the fuse and not messing with it (if i need power, the one on the console still works...and actally keeps stuff outa the way to)

Jon

For the cig lighter problem, get into your center console and disconnect the auxiliary outlet (cig lighter socket) on the passenger side of the console, that thing ALWAYS shorts out!

The center console one works though! And i kinda need it...to power my MP3/CD player (when i wanan listen to MP3s).

The two cant be hooked together, theres no fuse for the one behind the steering wheel

Also, anyone know if Daytime Runing Lamps were an option or standard? I fixed the fuse...but still no lamps. And nothing is on the dash to cover the sensor up

Jon

the one on my center console (on the pass side towards floor) didnt work when it came with my car. realised there was a whole seprate fuse for it and tada it was blown, new fuse in and no problems, my radar detector is plugged into it. sometimes having the actual cigarette lighter sitting in there can short it for whatever reason

The center console one works though! And i kinda need it...to power my MP3/CD player (when i wanan listen to MP3s).

The two cant be hooked together, theres no fuse for the one behind the steering wheel

Also, anyone know if Daytime Runing Lamps were an option or standard? I fixed the fuse...but still no lamps. And nothing is on the dash to cover the sensor up

Jon

DRL's are optional