IGN power under the hood? 96 3100

ihateallmustangs

Does anyone know a safe source to tap my cooling fan into so that it comes on when the ign is turned? I have already gone through the tech post about grounding it at the relay but it works even when the car is off. There must be a IGN wire under the hood I can splice it into.

What about finding one under the dash and rigging the fan up to a switch. By hooking it up to an IGN source you wouldn't have to worry about it being left on... This is what I need to do with my fog lights, I forget to turn them off all the time. (after market fog lights not on the stock switch)

Jamie

What about finding one under the dash and rigging the fan up to a switch. By hooking it up to an IGN source you wouldn't have to worry about it being left on... This is what I need to do with my fog lights, I forget to turn them off all the time. (after market fog lights not on the stock switch)

Jamie

Yeah that would work too but that reqires me routing more wires into the car :D what I want to do is just tap it into the ign so it turns on with the ign on.