what should I do (painting)

godofthunder

Ok, some of yall read here that i am repainting the door handles (paint was all chiped off). Well, the Duplicolor match didnt match at all..and the Touch up paint that matches perfectly, well, isnt as smooth as i wanted it.

While One handle is done now, and looks OK, I still really dont like it.

I cant repaint the whole car, which would take care of this problem.

What about Gloss black? I know the luminas have them, but not the CS and GPs. Or, should I just leave em, and wait till a repaint?

Jon

I have no idea, hopefully no more than $20/each.

You can also try pricing some brand new door handles. I bought some smooth painted door handles for my truck for $20/each.

on Ebay?

The thing is...would the new color door handles color match?Where did you get them from? I may call some body shops tommorw about pricing for something like this.

Would they remove them, or just cover up the car and shoot? and can i get em cleared to?

jon

No, from the GM dealer (I buy from Jason Cromer at samtaylor.com).

They would probably charge more to cover up and shoot. If you can remove them and bring them to the dealer to paint, that would work best.

However, getting brand new ones is almost guaranteed to get you a perfect match unless you car has faded a lot or been repainted.

Ok, so I could buy them from the local Chevy Dealer (the Olds dealer is nice...but hard to work with, after buying a car).

Ill call them tommorw, and see how much they will charge for new painted ones, matched to my car.

Wait...so are you saying also check out the dealer for painting? Rather than just other body shops?

Jon

I usually just think of having the dealer do the painting because my friend's brother is the paint guy at one and he's done some paint work for my family in the past.

I think ill call the dealership tommorw or monday, and see what new, painted handles will cost (do i need a part number?)

And...ill also call local shops, to see what they will charge for matching the paint on the car, and how much it is to paint/clear them.

Jon