Any Quad 4 lovers out there?

Intlcutlass

I have a buddy with a Grand Am (190-200 hp quad) , and we got on the topic of Mantapart.com. When I told him my general impression of them, he asked if there was anyone on this board who has a quad in there cutty, and who has beefed it up some. We aer trying to find a place who has proformance parts for the Quad, but we are trying to steer clear of mantapart.

Anyone?

my good friend has a quad. There doesnt seem to be many places to get shit for them Superchips makes a chip, and Unorthodax makes an underdrive crank pully, But other than that and mantapart i dont know of any others.

I would love to have a Quad 4, especially from a guy named Rex Wetherford, his being a 92 Beretta Quad 4 Turbo 5 speed, running mid 13's in the quarter mile.

I love the quad4, I was driving the Calais all last week with the 160hp LO one but hate the stearing on it. Then got the Cutty fixed and try gunning it and I dont get the same acel. as I do with the quad4. :(

The W41 190hp quad4 was only used in Olds N-body 91-92, 185 93, GA's only have the 160LO & 180HO

Unforturnalty, there are VERY few good resources for the Q4 that are left. People like Dick Read and Paul Hacker no longer race them, and now that the Twin Cam has been discontinued, I don't think we'll be seeing any more new stuff for this motor. If he wants to get performance parts for it, he'll have to pick the brains of other people and make his own!

From what I've seen and heard of Manta, they are a REAL half-assed company. A friend of mine just spent $700 with them for a basically STOCK 456 head (exhaust ports about as big as my thumb) with SS valves. The valves didn't even appear to be a matched set, as almost every intake valve looked different. I called them to order a new GM oil pump from there web page, and found out that they just sell Melling oil pumps WITHOUT screens for $135 + shipping -- the local autozone has the same pump for $93.