HELP CAR NO START

MonteCarloChick

Ok.. enough about what quality the battery is.

I'm at my house now and I'm going out to get a new battery in the morning.

Thanks for all the help.

Dont buy one without having the old one test bad first!!!

try to test the voltage when you turn the key to stop the car, granted it may be showing 12.5 with no load, but with a load I guarantee it will drop and that will show you it is a bad battery.

try to test the voltage when you turn the key to stop the car, granted it may be showing 12.5 with no load, but with a load I guarantee it will drop and that will show you it is a bad battery.

We did that and it went dead as I opened the door.

I would recommend a new battery, but before you install it get your alternator tested so you don't kill a new battery. Most places like advence or autozone will test it for free for ya.

The pulsing lights sound a lot like a dead alternator. This is one of the issues I ran into in my old cutlass. The alternator wasn't charging properly, drained out/killed the battery. A charge would be enough to get it to turn over, and the next day was the same thing. Dead again.

Get the alt tested, its free, and I'm betting that its your main source of woes. I hope you have the 3100.

The battery is probably intermediatly shorting out internally, that might cause the pulsing; something is probably moving around inside the battery. Why not try jump starting the car....

You all need to quit dissing on the wal-mart batteries. There are only 3 brands of batteries available in the USA, Wal-Mart sells the same battery that Advanced auto, Sears, Energizer, and so on sell. They are made by Johnson Controls. The other 2 brands, one is Delphi (GM OE, Autozone), and I am not sure of the 3rd brand.

This is usually why I buy Autozone Batteries (gold series), because its the same battery that the dealer is going to sell me, just its going to be a direct fit, where the AZ battery is going to be more universal (top and side posts). I delivered batteries for Delphi for many years.

Problem solved. A small amount of acid was leaking out of the positive post. New battery. All good. There was only 13 CCA when it was tested.

Thanks all

Problem solved. A small amount of acid was leaking out of the positive post. New battery. All good. There was only 13 CCA when it was tested.

Thanks all

13CCA :lol:

Thats lower than an ancient Motorcraft that tested at 26CCA the other day at work