HELP CAR NO START

MonteCarloChick

Ok, so I go out to start my car. I turn the key to on position and my door chime sounded very weak and the lights on the cluster are very dim and radio light are also dim. I don't have any power to my headlights and dome light at all. And the car makes absolutely no sound when the key is turned. We tested the battery and it's fully charged. When the key is turned to acc. there's a surging in the system (light on radio are surging and pulsing but fully bright).

Help!

-Nichole

When you say surging, what do you mean exactly? Like, the power to the lights on the radio and whatnot get bright then dim, and back and forth?

They're strobing.. getting power and not.. and so on..

Terminals are perfect, but when we disconnect both cables and test the battery.. we get full 12.5 volts but we also on other testings, the same way.. have gotten 5 volt readings. So we're charging the battery right now to see if that's the problem.

I'll keep you posted. I hope it's just the battery so I can go home because my boyfriend has horrific gas. :puke:

Terminals are perfect, but when we disconnect both cables and test the battery.. we get full 12.5 volts but we also on other testings, the same way.. have gotten 5 volt readings. So we're charging the battery right now to see if that's the problem.

I'll keep you posted. I hope it's just the battery so I can go home because my boyfriend has horrific gas. :puke:

pretty sure it's a bad battery, or at least needs a charge.

othewise... I have bad gas too! :lol:

you can take your battery to AZ or advanced for a free check.

pretty sure it's a bad battery, or at least needs a charge.

othewise... I have bad gas too! :lol:

you can take your battery to AZ or advanced for a free check.

I just got the battery 2 years ago from Sam's Club and it was a decent battery.

thats 2 years ago.... And a Sams Club battery is garbage. There is a reason they are sold there and WalMart for cheap :wink:

It was far more expensive than a walmart battery.. but I'm SOL for tonight anyways.

I'll have to find a way to get out to Advance to get it tested if the charge doesn't work

It's unlikely that this battery is open. the volt's really have nothing to do with its ability to start the car, if the amp load is less than what it takes it will do what you are describing. sounds like a textbook dead battery but it's entirely possible theres other things wrong as well. look into the alternator itoo f you can get it to the store.

thats 2 years ago.... And a Sams Club battery is garbage. There is a reason they are sold there and WalMart for cheap :wink:

It was far more expensive than a walmart battery.. but I'm SOL for tonight anyways.

I'll have to find a way to get out to Advance to get it tested if the charge doesn't work

Sorry MCC, but they are the same batteries. Just the Sams Club has slightly higher CCA at the expense of overall life.

Water levels being checked are a thing of the past. If the water levels dropped a significant amount to affect starting, then battery damage is done and adding water can only slighly prolong it for a couple days

Ok.. enough about what quality the battery is.

I'm at my house now and I'm going out to get a new battery in the morning. I've just never had a battery die with these symptoms.

Thanks for all the help.