Its been a long, long time...

phantomshado

I got out of w-bodies and into euro fords way back in 04, I'm surprised that my login still works. Anyhow, quick question for everyone/anyone. Was there a difference between the wheels that came on the TGP compared to a gtp? I'm looking for a set of the gold cross lace wheels, as long as they're 16" and come with the hub.

Just to let everyone know: my 94 cutlass coupe died about 10 miles outside of Billings, MT in Jan 2006. I was moving to Seattle at the time. High altitudes I think contributed to that.

Also, current ride is a 95% loaded 1989 Merkur xr4ti. black, 5sp, a weak 261hp. But that'll change soon enough.

If anyone recognizes the handle, truly you are pillars of a community.

There is no difference from TGP and GTP rims. All cross laces are the same. The only thing that change was the stock tire size. (rubber)

And Yes they are 16x8. And what are you looking to spend? And where are you located?

There is no difference from TGP and GTP rims. All cross laces are the same. The only thing that change was the stock tire size. (rubber)

And Yes they are 16x8. And what are you looking to spend? And where are you located?

They are not all the same. Although the offset is the same, *Crosslace rims were 16 x 8 until 1996. From 1997 and up, they became 16 x 6.5.

They are not all the same. Although the offset is the same, *Crosslace rims were 16 x 8 until 1996. From 1997 and up, they became 16 x 6.5.

Yeah, but those look different, don't they?

It is better noted that the crosslace rims off a bonneville are not the same as w-body crosslaces. Is it the offset thats different?

Well, here is the rub. The wheels that are on it are stock 15" crosslaces. Its a 4x108 pattern, which isn't widely used. Hubs off a Merkur scorpio are 5x112, which is also used by VW/Audi/Mercedes, which means aftermarket support. The other option is the setup off a mustang, which is a 5x114.3.

Its a shame that I'll have to give up the brakes I have now, they're goddamned stellar. And they're stockers too. Drum rear even. Still kickass braking, though, I guess a lot of that has to do with the 2650 lb weight, as opposed to the tanks that w-bodies are.

Still, I'd love to have my cutlass back. It was a comfy comfy car, and it got great mileage. (My xr does about 14 in town when I'm on it. But with 18lbs of boost, why wouldn't I be?)

Yeah, but those look different, don't they?

It is better noted that the crosslace rims off a bonneville are not the same as w-body crosslaces. Is it the offset thats different?

yes offset is different.