might get a lumina

93cutty

Alright I found a 93 euro sport four door for a 1000 bucks that has 77k on it and they say is in great shape other than sometimes the car will die and it takes 20 to 30 minutes to restart. Now I'm needing a work car that gets good gas mileage but this car only has the 3 speed auto. What would you guys pay for this and what do you think the problem is. It sounds like something is getting too hot and they say they had the batt and alternator changed and they even changed the ignition but no fix. At least they say they changed all that. I'm pretty sure this is the 3.1 here is the vin 2G1WN54T9P9123902.

Sounds like a good car. Probly needs a ignition module to fix the no start problem. Maybe a TCC solenoid. It is a 3.1, verified thru carfax. 1000 bucks aint to bad, offer em 800 and meet somewhere in the middle.

$1000 seems like a good price for a car like that with low mileage. Maybe the problem is the TCC...but I couldn't see that taking 20-30 minutes to restart the car. Usually with a TCC problem it re-starts immediately.

Sounds like a good car. Probly needs a ignition module to fix the no start problem. Maybe a TCC solenoid. It is a 3.1, verified thru carfax. 1000 bucks aint to bad, offer em 800 and meet somewhere in the middle.

If its a 3.1, dies every now and then after running a while, then re-starts?

I say check coil packs/ignition (module? i'm sure thats not the right word..)

I know mine was doing that, cutting out intermittently. I just swapped the whole ignition unit, coils and all, from my old motor and haven't had any problems lol.

I'm needing a work car that gets good gas mileage but this car only has the 3 speed auto.

My gf's old 92 GP had the 3.1 with a 3 speed, I was really surprised by the mileage, it really wasn't much worse than a 4 speed. We took it out to my dad's place in Michigan (700 miles one way), it got 27 mpg and was in bad need of plugs and a tune up at the time.