Where to mount toggle switches???

90TGP

Anyone have any ideas on where I can mount my toggle switches? I'm borrowing this picture from Chris Aldridge [http://www.turbogpgarage.com]. Hope you don't mind. [:)]

DCP_0531sm.jpg

I bought some light up toggle switches from radio shack. They have a small red led in them. I'd like to mount them where you can see them at night all lit up and looking purdy. But also easy access from the drivers side.

I was thinking maybe in the little area directly infront or directly behind the shifter.

How would I remove my center console? Does the DIC come out so that I could use a dremel to make some holes in the console?

Post pictures of your toggle switch locations!

that part of the console comes out easily. lift the armrest, theres 3 screws at the bottom of the cubby. pull it out and there are just 2 more screws that hold the console down. on the DIC end of the console there are just little metal clips that hold it in place, so pull forward carefully. and of course the shifter knob has to come off to fully remove it

I plan on mounting mine where the ash tray is in my TGP. :D I hate switches sticking out in plain view. IMHO, it looks like crap.

that's what I did for my cooling fan switches in my older, but better console(lost my cup holder though...damnit... :lol: ) I swapped a DIC and the top of an old console into mine, ditched the ashtray/cig lighter(after going through the trouble of extending and soldering my old wires :lol: ) and put two switches in there. I think I have a pic somewhere, If I dig it up, I'll post it

Obviously this isn't for a toggle switch, but I am working on placing two short throw switches IN the lower part of my steering wheel (Cutlass) It's just plastic and it pops out. I went to the JY and picked up a few extras as I am sure I will destroy a couple.

82846570oLjXVi_ph.jpg