Body work question

Intlcutlass

My car needs body work badly.......

It's clear that the majority of my work is combating rust. Freggen Ohio weather!

My question/observation is this. Have any of you guys tryed using aluminum flashing, rather that steel for a rust panel. I was thinking about this the other day. If when you cut out the rust spot, you could replace that spot of metal with something that won't rust, easy to work with, and is cheap. What I thought about was after you cut the hole, cut your aluminum flaching to just bigger than the hole. Pound it into the same shape as whay you cut out, line the edges with epoxy, glue it in from the backside, and you should only have to bondo a tiny little bit .

Anybody ever done this?

Fiberglass is horrible to work with, I hate it.

Replacement body panels can be expensive when doing a whole car.

What do you body guys think?

i agree weith using the alluminum flashing, it works great, and u can use the scraps for bondo spreader, but anyhow, you have to watch waht side of the alum you put outside, also i would rivet it, the epoxy may not stad up to the weather changes and vibes and wahtnopt, just a though based on expereince, if you put the wrong side of the alum out, if you bodo it the bodo with just peel of, its like bodoing over waxed paper, it does do a grewat job, and it there is enough, it will be a reduction in wieght, it is also good for small hole, you can slipa small peice of alum in there and it acts as a great backing for bondo to set knwo what i mnea

gl