SO CLOSE! Cutty Mirrors on a GP

CSI_MuNkY

So my drivers side mirror was broken when I bought the car. Someone had just repaired the crack with some glue and left it. This past summer, while using a pressure washer on it, that glue gave way, and ever since my mirror has been flapping in the wind, literally!

I've been looking for a while but it just wasn't something that fit into my budget to fix as long as it was still on the car. Until recently when ihateallmustangs offered to trade me some cutty mirrors for my OEM HU.

I installed them today, they fit, but don't fit at the same time...

Here is the original busted mirror.

CIMG3066.jpg

CIMG3067.jpg

Here are some pics of the cutty mirror

The good

CIMG3071.jpg

CIMG3070.jpg

CIMG3069.jpg

CIMG3072.jpg

CIMG3076.jpg

The bad

CIMG3075.jpg

I'm now wondering if the Cutty mounting plate will fit in place of the GP one...

They work for now, at least now I can take the car to a drive through car wash and not worry about my mirror getting blasted off. The car has not been washed since late October. (too damn cold to wash it by hand)

Jamie

amateur. I ran a cutty mirror on the drivers side on my multi color lumina after a hit and run ripped off the OEM mirror. I eventually replaced it with an electric one from a regal.

I forgot to ask, do it plug in the same harness for power and does it work?

it would uae the same power window mech, so it should.

a cutty plate MAY fit!!!! but the lumina plate was shaped different entirely.

Jason, it plugs in and works just fine.

Ryan is going to pull the plates off the cutty for me, I will give them a shot and see if they fit.

Jamie

lol if ours are anything like my 95 sunflower, it had manual mirrors but was wired for the power mirrors. so i bought a set from my local yard, plugged them in and voiala they worked perfect :mrgreen:

Yeah, GM doesn't like making wiring harnesses different for every car, they make one harness and it goes in everything. Lexus does the same thing, each seat we build at work has the same harness in it, if it isn't heated it just doesn't get that one extra plug later down the line.

Jamie