Haha wake-up call.

EviLette

So my neighbor, who was completely ignorant of cars when I moved in, woke me up this morning with a banging on my door. He was out of breath.

He goes, "The chevy z34s, dont they swap parts with your car?" I replied, totally groggy and hiding behind my door without contacts in, "....uhh... The Lumis? Not exactly... but they are cool cars..." He says, "Well my friend has one for sale for 400 bucks!"

I get a little excited, because truth be told I've always liked 'em. I ask cautiously, "Well what's wrong with the car?"

"Blown motor."

"Ah. The motor was what I wanted."

LOL! He went back to his apartment, and I went back to bed. I just found it funny.

Especially considering the fact that he was completely IGNORANT of these cars. He said he'd always liked the GPs like mine when he was younger, but never knew anything about them.

A new neighbor just moved in with a 94ish CS... pretty nice condition, except for the baby on board sticker inside and the nasty dent in the driver's door area.

There are also three other 2nd gen GPs here now within 20 parking stalls of mine... and a Euro up the way.

Of course, my POS looks the best. Except for maybe the cutty. With the passenger door handle hanging, because it's BROKEN.

If I ever see that guy who owns it, figure out who it is, I'll tell him.. 40 bucks at o'reilly buys you a new handle, I'll put it on for 20 bucks. :D

was it a 5spd? LOL

Didn't even ask.

Knowing my luck, yes. LOL.

I'll ask here in a bit when I get dressed and motivated.

I should find out what he means by "blown" motor. Maybe just a headgasket or something?

probably needs a timing belt

Why do I have the distinctive feeling that the timing belt is the worst kind of job to do on those particular motors?

That's the LQ1 right?

My neighbor is a moron. I asked him specifically, "Is it a 5 speed?" He makes the gesture to shift on the floor, then says, "It shifts for you!"

:bonk: :damnit1:

Man, I was SHAKING.

Literally shaking with anticipation, thinking to myself, "And this morning, I woke up wondering what kind of day this will be...."

DAMMIT. LOL.

My neighbor is a moron. I asked him specifically, "Is it a 5 speed?" He makes the gesture to shift on the floor, then says, "It shifts for you!"

:bonk: :damnit1:

lol never heard that one before. DURR