door handle

Frankzen

Got my door handle and installed it today --- Ebay $33 much better than GM's $244 Canadian!!!

However I did have one little piece left over - it fell off when I removed one of the screws...but the handle seems to work fine without it. Besides I have no clue where it goes :oops:

But they did send me the shiny finish unlike the rest of the door trim which is satin black. Guess I can spray it to match :?:

Anyway..it's nice being able to open the door again without leaving the window half down and living in terror of the other handle breaking :roll:

It would look better to clearcoat the existing satin trim to match the new gloss handle. Just my opinion. That's what I did on our '88.

I can't decide whether to re-spray the handle...or the other trim. I kinda like the satin finish--but others (my wife) says she likes the glossy look. Flip a coin ? :)

Found out where the other piece goes..it's the anti-theft thing which goes under the screw that holds in the lock cylinder (factory manuals are good for something).

holy crap does your car have golden door handles? when mine broke I bought one at advance for like 13 bucks!

I thought $33 was a good dealllWhen GM wants more than $200. What's "advance" ?

yeah for an 88 cutty. after i made that reply i started thinking though, are you talking about interior or exterior?

Exterior.

I guess they cut me a deal at the local advance. they all know me cuz i buy so many parts there. I wish I had know someone needed a door handle I have 2 spares!

I guess they cut me a deal at the local advance. they all know me cuz i buy so many parts there. I wish I had know someone needed a door handle I have 2 spares!

Right or left? If passanger side I'll take one if it's cheap :)