Disable Dolby NR?

spiderw31

I've got the stereo with the 5-band EQ and steering wheel controls in my '92 GP. Is there a way to turn off/disable the Dolby NR on the tape deck? My car didn't have the owners manual with it when I bought it, and there doesn't seem to be a button or anything.

I've got a casette adaptor I'm using with my iPod, and it really sounds crappy with the Dolby enabled :sad:

I've got the stereo with the 5-band EQ and steering wheel controls in my '92 GP. Is there a way to turn off/disable the Dolby NR on the tape deck? My car didn't have the owners manual with it when I bought it, and there doesn't seem to be a button or anything.

I've got a casette adaptor I'm using with my iPod, and it really sounds crappy with the Dolby enabled :sad:

Same deal with my stock deck. I ended up just getting a Pioneer deck and a SWRC adapter. Sounds better anyway. I hate that you can't disable Dolby on that deck, why would they do that??

I hadn't found any way to do it myself, the manual seems to indicate that it's simply engaged all the time.