shadow

My car is stuck in high-beam mode. I pull back the lever towards me but it does not make a click sound like it does in most cars? Is this a common problem with these cars? Thanks again but I just picked this car up a few days ago and it needs some work to get it legal for local state inspection.

Chris

Mine's broke too. I can get it to click but only after futzin with it for a little while. but hey, my tranny is in halves on my desk so I haven't really cared to check out the switch yet lol.

I haven't actually replaced the switch, but I've swapped columns before. The switch doesn't look like it would be that bad. IIRC, it's on the left side of the column, a little under the dash. I think a linkrod connects it to the signal stalk.

Mine's broke too. I can get it to click but only after futzin with it for a little while. but hey, my tranny is in halves on my desk so I haven't really cared to check out the switch yet lol.

I haven't actually replaced the switch, but I've swapped columns before. The switch doesn't look like it would be that bad. IIRC, it's on the left side of the column, a little under the dash. I think a linkrod connects it to the signal stalk.

Thanks I just need to fix it cause it wont pass inspection without it. Know of any writeups of the procedure?

go look at some columns at the junk yard. dont tell them you are going for that part because they want to sell the whole column.

or order one from the dealership. might be spendy I cant remember

Looked into the headlight problem today. Seems there is a long metal rod that is pushed into a white switch below the dash each time you pull the lever on the car. If I press the white switch manually below the dash and the lights switch from high to low no problems. I just have to re align the switch in the column that seems to have slipped out of place. Not a major job but may consume some time. I love being able to fix stuff myself!!! :biggrin: The climate buttons were cracked so I replaced the module today which was extremely easy.