rockfangd

hi everyone last year i cut my perfect dash pad on my 94 cutlass and it didnt go very well. the only way i get it to display high enough is to pull it out of the dash a bit lol. I found a perfest pad at my local yard today and purchased it. I want this one to stay perfect. The only thing i know is that the foam gets cut and not the pad at the very front of the dash. I can take my sweet time with this one because i already have a pad in the car. The best thing i can think of is a template that i can put in place on the pad to mark where to cut. The only problem i have is i dont have a pad that is cut correctly. Thanks to all in advance :mrgreen:

The projector should stick up a bit... thats why you need a cosmetic cover. Or, the otherway to do is actually to mount the projector at an angle... I did that when I swapped HUD in my 96 CS last week... Found the correct angle that gave the most adjustments for the way I sit (I sit differently quite often)

Why wont it display high enough.... Is you tilt motor bad or something??? If not, try what I suggested, mounting it at a slightly different angle..

1989-1994 HUDs are different than 1995+ HUDs... 1988-94 HUDs are manually controlled. He's also putting it in a car that could have factory HUD. :cool:

1989-1994 HUDs are different than 1995+ HUDs... 1988-94 HUDs are manually controlled. He's also putting it in a car that could have factory HUD. :cool:

Wait, what??? Manually controlled as in no projector mirror to adjust the image up and down... Well that sucks...

Sorry, im not a HUD guru, I just know it take only 1/2 hour to wire one in and another hour to mount the damn thing :willynilly: Stupid hard ass plastic dash

Wait, what??? Manually controlled as in no projector mirror to adjust the image up and down... Well that sucks...

Sorry, im not a HUD guru, I just know it take only 1/2 hour to wire one in and another hour to mount the damn thing :willynilly: Stupid hard ass plastic dash

it is a projector mirror for adjustment. just not power. it is cable adjusted.

Tomorrow or Saturday...I'll dig out my spare HUD pad and get you some measurements.

thank you very much as i do appreciate the help. i want to do as much as possible to do the job right :mrgreen:

whered you get it from vinces?

the pad yes. the car is identical to mine. year and all but it is console shift :mrgreen:. perfect shape

Vince's is still in around? Please tell me they rotated the stock by now. There were cars sitting there for a couple of years the last time I went.

yeah. they have been rotating alot. they just crushed a nice 93. the day after it went into the lot they crushedit. It had perfect aq9s. same color and everything. I pulled the fold down rears but i couldnt get the fronts that day. went back the next and it was gone

yeah. they have been rotating alot. they just crushed a nice 93. the day after it went into the lot they crushedit. It had perfect aq9s. same color and everything. I pulled the fold down rears but i couldnt get the fronts that day. went back the next and it was gone

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

oh trust me people are still hearing about it. They were perfect. I will post the back seats and that will show just how good they looked in the front. All they could say is well there is too many so they crushed it. The AQ9s were charcoal grey and half leather, half cloth. 16 way power and 6 way power. I wanted them so bad but i did not have time to pull them before the yard closed

And the tape measure was sitting right next to me, wasn't it...

The non-HUD pad is near perfect, the HUD pad is warped, but not horribly.