loose wire

kfahn

Mine is like that too. Someone guessed that it was not used in our '95s because they still have an OBD1 computer. In 1996 the OBD2 computer was used and this wire is plugged into something.

wow, and i thought my memory was bad........who can forget THIS thread that i started?

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5100&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

well anyways the start of this new thread makes me feel much better about my last unsolved thread about this. i guess dustin is right, all us 3100 guys have some wierd ass useless connector

all cept cutlassdude96.

I have Variable Effor Steering, but have never noticed that plug. I will have to look for it this morning. Window Sticker also says "Variable Ratio Power Steering"

Was it left unpluged from the factory?

Wow, i need to go check this out.

Jon

just looked, i dont see any loose wires anywhere really.

And this wire...are you talking about itbeing plugeed into the botom back of the PS pump (or where the fluid goes, below that).

Jon

ok, still don't know what a canister purge solenoid wire is

Its something for the HVAC stuff. Im not sure what it does, but helps the HVAC stuff out somehow.

Wow, that was helpful :roll:

Robby

It is attached to the gas tank vapor canister, it allows the engine to suck in the gasoline fumes under certain engine conditions so that the fumes aren't vented to atmosphere.

And yes, that looks to be a CCP plug.