regal 6x9 question

hazmatic

i cut holes in my rear shelf in the oval shape of a 6x9 right were the speakers r n i didnt do a good job its a craptacilar job n im wonderingwhat i can do the otha day when i was at pep boys i found some 6x9 grills with like a box on them were the screws would go it woiuld be fine if i was to bolt it right up to my speaker but it woudnt work i wanted to bolt it up ti my rear shelf but real;ized its all metal beside the 6x9 cut out maybe someone can throw me some idears

when I had my 88 regal I cut the hole in that wacky board on your rear deck and let the speakers rest on there. It actually sounded better than the factory fit! 8) 8) 8) 8)

w-body.jpg

Heheh, yeah, that guy on the list left with a huff and a puff and his panties in a wad (he sent me a rambling babbling insult-laden personal email after leaving the list).

Anyhow, :withstupid: what's up with cutting holes?

You DO know that upholstered panel with the speaker grilles in it can come off, right?

yeah, i have a 1991 GS and i did the same thing

i took the carpeted board out, and with an exacto i trimmed the holes perfectly, because i wanted the pimp-ass grilles that came with my xplods. but what i'm going to do now, to have the 6x9's aimed fowrard, i'm gonna buy some 6x9 boxes, and cut them in half, install the 6x9s and make a little bracket so i can screw the boxes into that goofy plastic thing that the regals have to hold them. it's gonna look pimp when i do it, i'll be sure to post pix when i'm done.