felpro LIM gaskets

Chancho

From what I've read on here, the Permadry are the best you can get.. I wouldn't go with anything less.. They may cost more, but it would give me peace of mind..

yea the metal based permadry ones, i figured they were good but i just wanted to get a feel for how long they would last, the stockiies got replaced at about 80k with cheapies and im at 152 and the coolant port went out

yea the metal based permadry ones, i figured they were good but i just wanted to get a feel for how long they would last, the stockiies got replaced at about 80k with cheapies and im at 152 and the coolant port went out

The general concensus around here is Fel-Pro gaskets will fix all the issues with the 3100 gasket wise.

I put Permadry's in my truck they are the shit!

I bought a set to put in my roommates truck. it leaks like shit!

Mine never leaked externally. I would add coolant and it would disappear. Oil looked fine. Then one day I smelled coolant and it started to run hot and I had no air. Replaced the gasket and I was set!

My LIM ia leaking externely, i had sepage ever sense i bought the car from all 4 aides, but i just replaced a leaking radiator and i guess once the system got fully pressurized it blew the gasket out

My LIM ia leaking externely, i had sepage ever sense i bought the car from all 4 aides, but i just replaced a leaking radiator and i guess once the system got fully pressurized it blew the gasket out

Ya, that'll do it.

FWIW: Ken and I were talking about 4.3 gaskets.

i figured as much, i had a 4.3, from 91, and guess what

it needed an intake job at 70k

Hmm, I thought it was only the new ones that had problems?

Ok well i just picked up the gasket set, does anyone have any tips for installation on a 99 3100

take pictures of everything! label things you remove.

use a torque wrench.