overflow tank

ismellrealbad

is it ok for this gunky shit to be inside? also is it possible to be loosing coolant somehow? i am almost positive i have no leaks, theres never anything drippiung under my car, i check constantly. the reason i noticed my tank like this was cus when i went to check it because my car has been running super hot latley (230-240). so then i pop the rad cap and its only like 3/4 full, overflow is empty. hmmm

overflowo.jpg

overflowi.jpg

I had pretty much the same problem that you had. I took a quick fix and that was putting Bars Stop Leak w/ Pellets in it. Yeah, it's not that good to do and I realize that, but it also saved me some BIG $$$$$$$$$'s. So yeah, I'm happy with it. I haven't lost any fluid and that was about 5 months ago.

well i may add that when i first got this car in early feb it was doing it, and it wasnt untill late feb early march that simply adding coolant cuz the radiator was fucking half empty that the problem was fixed. since then this has not happened again, until earlier this week. i dunno......if it only does it this often then it wont bother me. it doesnt act errotic (except in the winter when the guage reads some insane number and the heat isnt hot because of it) so i see no reason to worry that bad. the gook in the tank was what had me wondering

That gunk is stuff from inside your coolant passages in your block and heads. Just spray or scrub it out. As to you losing coolant, I would be leary of that. The last time you changed your oil, was there coolant in it?

Robby

check around the oil pump drive(where the infamous shitty o-ring leaks) for a coolant leak, my gasket was shot to shit right there on that one side and didn't look too good on the other side where the coolant passage is....might wanna get your system pressure checked(you can get one from autozone on that loan a tool program for around $70 or so and get your money when you take it back)

the last time i changed my oil i noticed no coolant. but then again i dont know what to look for....the shit in the drain pan just looked like old dark oil which needed to be changed. isnt coolant in the oil supposed to have a dark milky/white colored tint to it? if so i noticed none of that