1995 9C3 Lumina

1tinindian

This was my first W-body, although I didn't own it, I drove it for just over a year while I was employed by the city.

It was an actual Police package 9C3 Lumina with the 3100 V-6 and it topped out at 115 mph, which it saw on more than one occasion.

Any way, I thought someone here might be interested.

Thanks,

Leon

Nice.. Was the 3100 modded at all? I don't think my 95 3100 Lumi could ever make it to 115 if it tried.. Well, maybe if the wind was behind me and I was being pushed by a Corvette.. :lol:

Nice 9C3. I'm not sure i've seen one decked out in police stuff on this forum before. And what is the material on the floor of that car. It doesn't look like carpet.

Nice.. Was the 3100 modded at all? I don't think my 95 3100 Lumi could ever make it to 115 if it tried.. Well, maybe if the wind was behind me and I was being pushed by a Corvette.. :lol:

My 3.1 lumina with the 3 speed transmission got up to 106, probably higher, but we didnt have the gps going when we were going faster.

Wow... Around 90 or so, mine sounds like it just isn't going to be able to go any faster, and acceleration slows waaaay down... Maybe if I kept on it it would break 100, but I don't want to blow my engine trying.. :burnout:

I had my stock 3.1 GP (pictured below) at 115 once. At that point the transmission gave me a big F*CK YOU! and didn't go any faster, lol.

And what is the material on the floor of that car. It doesn't look like carpet.

looks like the rubber matting that they use instead of carpeting in base model pick-ups

sweet lumina!

IMHO, Thank GOD they brought the Impala back as far as Police cars... :rolleyes: And my stock 3100 Easily does 110, plus more if there wasn't that darned governor. Funny, Cause thats about 3mph faster than my moms Monte carlo, 3500

As far as I know, it was "as delivered" from GM.

You have to remember, when I got this car, 3 other officers had already worn the "new" off of it, and the 1st one swears, that it went over 125, when new.

Another thing you should know, that that big light bar on the roof creates alot of drag on the car, and over 100 mph, the air is really howling through it!

Nice 9C3. I'm not sure i've seen one decked out in police stuff on this forum before. And what is the material on the floor of that car. It doesn't look like carpet.

I was really hoping this topic would be of some interest to someone here.

The flooring was the rubber matting, and the front seats were Recaros.

The car also had the partition between the front and rear seats.

Wow... Around 90 or so, mine sounds like it just isn't going to be able to go any faster, and acceleration slows waaaay down... Maybe if I kept on it it would break 100, but I don't want to blow my engine trying.. :burnout:

There was one of those time, when I was 3rd in line with 2 other crusiers running lights and sirens, and we were topped out, on a down hill highway, when we crossed some railroad tracks without lifting, and the damn car came off the ground.

I know this because, I had my foot buried in the rubber mat and at the point of going over the tracks, the engine revved, for just a moment, and then back to its normal sound, at that speed.

When coming up to a turn, and with me in the back, all I could smell was brakes!

Those were the days, running flat out, without any worry of how fast I was going, only the need to get there!

Thanks for the comments guys, you're a fun group!

Leon