brocno2454

I have a weird thing happening. My speedo does not work right. Also when you turn onm the turn signal the tach will pulse back and forth with the blinking. The engine idle doe not actually change just the needle in the cluster will. The speedo you can be stopped and it will read ten mph and then when you accel it just goes up to like 50 and floats for awhile. Any ideas on what this may be and what it will cost to fix? Also when sitting in park if you turn the headlights on the speedo will raise to ten if you shut them off it will drop back down all while in park.

1994 Grand Prix 3100 coupe

Check the AUX post. It's under the hood on the right side I think? Make sure that is tightened down. That tends to cause a lot of electrical problems.

Or your gauge cluster is bad. Pretty cheap to replace from the JY. You can even take the two apart, and swap mileage assemblies.

I doubt its illegal as long as you disclose that you've done it (if you sell it). I don't know what years will fit, but its really not too hard to swap the mileage if you're truly concerned.

replace the battery nut with one taken from a 95+ car, if id had a REAL nut.

also tighten the grounds, which most likely are attached to the body around the base of the steering column. in my 94, they bolt to the left side of the column support assembly.

any vehicle in the state of fl, and i think everywhere after 10 years the odometer is non negotiable and not required to be verrified meaning the car can have 2 miles on it and no one can do anything about it