paints

rglguy

here is how it is, i am trying to get a job at maaco, the guy knew what damage to the body my car had, as i had an estimate done by him, so..finnaly there is an ad in the paper for a pos. at maaco, i go to see the guy the next day they were open, to tell him that i am very interested in getting the job, and that my printer just happened toi be busted, and that i intended on bringin a rewsume, so i brought one in at 8 am the next day, no word over a week anda few days, so i went there today after work to see if they made any descisions, and they havent, but i showed him my car ( work in progress between work and family, and money)

so they guy says to me how long do you think it will be till its done, i say i could get it totaly done in a week, lol, finally he says well as part of your interview i want you to finnish the car in a wekk and bring it and show me, and then that brings me to the desicion

canadaian tire truck/van paint ( laquer) and duplicolor arcrylic laq, or emamal, the color i want is in the arcrylic.....so i want toi know what yo done have to uase rub compound on to make it shine, accordig to duplikcolors website, it has gloss already..so there ya go

au contrai mon friar i am wicked with amazingwith a spay can,

well, alright, but been there done that, the big panels are impossible to get a glossy OEM shine without like 15 coats and heavy wetsanding. I painted a hood this way once and it was never right because I just couldnt get a nice thick coat on there. It looked great when I stripped it and redid the finish using PPG paint and a HVLP gun

I agree on Brian with this one. I tried painting my spoiler with acrylic laquer, it came out like total crap. There are some dull spots and then some really glossy spots, you cant get a good coat on at all. If you're like my dad though and you can actually do decent work with cans, go for it. I'd rather use an airgun myself.

well to begin with, paints doesnt have to do with anything, i was in the wrong place when i posted, but anyhow, my gf's grandfather is going to let me use his compressor and air gun, so yeah i went napa, looked at theyre wrong color mixed paint, and found one, so i picked it up for 50 bucks,

1 gallon of urethane enamel, 50 bucks, not bad at all, anda sweet color too!

I have this crap ass guy that came w/ a kit for like $20. I use it for primer and small spots. But you guys have to remember he is applying for a job at MAACO!!! I think they use spray-bomb cans there. Or do they just put the paint in there mouths and spit on the car?

Post #199

I have this crap ass guy that came w/ a kit for like $20. I use it for primer and small spots. But you guys have to remember he is applying for a job at MAACO!!! I think they use spray-bomb cans there. Or do they just put the paint in there mouths and spit on the car?

Post #199

I hear you on that one. One of my good pals got his car re-done at maaco, his door locks, windhield wipers, wheel wells, parts of his window, all got paint on em. It was a brutal job, blotchy all over. If your going to get a job there, first thing they will do in training is teach you their moto "dont give a fuck"