Hi There!

Samurai

Hi there... My name is Scott and I just got a 98 Lumina sedan as a winter car. This is my 2nd W-body and my 2nd Lumina. My previous GM experience is 8 Cavaliers, 2 Cobalts, 2 Celebrities and a Citation X11.

My previous Lumina was an indestructible 92 Lumina sedan that had about 160,000 hard NY miles on it... But, after I sold it for $100, it's still running!

Anyways, just thought I would say hello and I look forward to meeting other folks on this board.

Scott

Hi there to you! :high5:

that's an incredibly rare car!

I've only seen one in person and that was when I was living in Tennessee back in 2000. It was sitting on a used car lot in Oak Ridge, Tennessee... it wasn't running very well, but it was SHARP!

I found out later how rare it was and still kick myself for not buying it. In retrospect, $1500 was a steal!

Live and learn.

Up here, you wouldn't believe how tough these W-bodies are. A friend of mine has a 91 Lumina Euro 3.1 Coupe with almost 270,000 miles! My brother had a 92 Cutlass coupe with 170,000 miles on it before he traded it for a 2003 Monte Carlo SS...

Welcome. Where aboots in NY are you?

I am in Northeaster New York, a little place called Moriah, Essex County, on the shores of Lake Champlain in the foothills of the Adirondacks. I can see Vermont from my deck. I am about 70 miles from the Canadian border (Quebec).

it's a weird place.

and thank you all for the welcome.

What's weird for me is that even though I have been into FWD GM for 12 years, I really know very little about the W-body, despite owning two. However, i have seen that the platform is incredibly rugged and just doesn't fear mileage or severe abuse. In the last days of my beater 92 Lumina, I got it stuck in my front yard and just held it to the floorboards while smashing it from drive to reverse... never even bothered the car. That very same Lumina is still being driven. I was hoping that joining this board I could get a little insight into the quirks and oddities of this platform and how it relates, or if it relates, to the other GM platforms out there...

Anyways, enough babbling... i only have pics of my 92 Lumina and have no idea how to post them in this style forum (I am spoiled by a couple of other forums I am on).

:)

Welcome.

However, i have seen that the platform is incredibly rugged and just doesn't fear mileage or severe abuse. In the last days of my beater 92 Lumina, I got it stuck in my front yard and just held it to the floorboards while smashing it from drive to reverse... never even bothered the car.

Ouch, that bothers me. That poor Lumi :sad:

Welcome. Where aboots in NY are you?

I am in Northeaster New York, a little place called Moriah, Essex County, on the shores of Lake Champlain in the foothills of the Adirondacks. I can see Vermont from my deck. I am about 70 miles from the Canadian border (Quebec).

it's a weird place.

and thank you all for the welcome.

What's weird for me is that even though I have been into FWD GM for 12 years, I really know very little about the W-body, despite owning two. However, i have seen that the platform is incredibly rugged and just doesn't fear mileage or severe abuse. In the last days of my beater 92 Lumina, I got it stuck in my front yard and just held it to the floorboards while smashing it from drive to reverse... never even bothered the car. That very same Lumina is still being driven. I was hoping that joining this board I could get a little insight into the quirks and oddities of this platform and how it relates, or if it relates, to the other GM platforms out there...

Anyways, enough babbling... i only have pics of my 92 Lumina and have no idea how to post them in this style forum (I am spoiled by a couple of other forums I am on).

:)

It's nice to have another NY W-Body member on this forum, I'm from Ogdensburg, NY. I can see Canada from my house. LOL! I'm about 100 miles from you. Anyways, If you have your pictures on Photobucket.com, copy the image code (IMG Code) of whatever picture you want to post, then you can post the picture on this forum by clicking on the picture button, it's in the row of buttons above the smiley faces, it's the second button from the left. Then you should see [ img ][ /img ]. Post your Photobucket.com IMG Code in between the [ img ] [ /img ] and you're all set.

^

My current 'nice' weather car is a 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC coupe.

it's ridiculously fast and really sucks in the snow on the summer tires...

the 92 Lumina I had mentioned was pretty much on it's last legs, as far as cars go. The body was shot, rear leaf spring was shot, the transmission leaked, the gas tank had so many leaks you couldn't fill it up beyond 1/2 tank/// but it ran!

Welcome fellow NYer! Im from WNY...about 20 miles south of Buffalo. Your 92 Lumina sounds alot like my 93 that i had a few years ago! Completely shot suspension, leaky gas tank (i could only put in 5 gallons!) and the brakes were shot to, but god damn could that car run!