Quick Question: driver/passenger left/right

EviLette

I can never keep them straight, just call it dyslexia.

Right - driver

Left - passenger?

Yes or no.

The reason this comes up.. I have two receipts for a right outer tie rod, and another for a passenger outer tie rod.

I have a bad passenger outer tie rod.

I know I've replaced this part, I'm trying to figure out which receipt is which so I know which shop to take it to and raise hell.

If its the right side... This will be the third time I've had to take the car back to that particular shop for the same part. The first time, the job wasn't done. The second time, it probably wasn't done right. This time, I will stand and watch, and I will take my old part.

And then never go there again, and I would only take it back because the part SHOULD be on warranty through them. Provided they ordered the moog part I requested. Knowing my luck, they didn't. They charged me for ceramic brake pads and put the cheap ones on.

ugh.

Well.

This particular shop.

Writes right/left.

So they can screw people, I think.

I'm going down there tomorrow.

With receipts in hand.

To raise hell.

I knew it was determined on whether you were sitting in the car or standing in front of the car working on it... I was pretty sure it was the latter, but when shops write right/left... it is annoying and undesignated. >.>

I'm gonna go fume for a while. If indeed right is driver, I have THREE receipts for outer tie rod on the driver's side. The passenger side is the one thats bad, and I know for a FACT that I told the shop that I have TWO receipts from that it was the PASSENGER side that needed replaced.

GRRR.

Left=Driver

Right=Passenger

Well, the theory is that...

I'll go by the shop, ask them first, what they consider right and left on a car.

Then I'll show the TWO receipts for the same outer right tie rod.

>.>

Called the shop and they confirmed it.

Which means I have TWO receipts from the same shop, supposed to be a moog part and each time the part has been completely failed in a year.

It's the only front end part that keeps breaking. Definitely not taking it back to that shop.