Need Help : Keyless Entry + light flash

sliptap

I installed a BASIC keyless entry system into my car the other night (REC43T from Omega)... anyway, It doesn't chirp or anything, so I want to have my lights flash when I lock/unlock... I posted on the12volt and learned a little about relays... but they aren't very helpful there (I'm sure they have had a thousand questions exactly like mine). Bascially, I should have just come here first ;)

Anyway, my questions are as follows:

Some relays are 5 pinned, can I use those (the instructions on 12v said I only needed 4). The 5th pin, the middle one?, looks to be 87A. Can I use these kinds of relays, and just ignore that pin?

Also, can I hook both of my lock/unlock wires from my keyless entry up to my relay, so that it lights if I lock or unlock it?

Thanks guys!

thanks again slick...got the lock relay installed today. Works like a charm. Only shorted once (my sub wire accidently grounded on the chassis.) Wasn't fun with my head 10 inches away :redface:

Wait, how did your sub wire ground out? Do you mean the heavy amplifier wire? If your having problems with it grounding out, I would strongly question the install.

heh, no, it isn't constantly grounding out. I had just cut the insulation and the hole in the middle of it prepped. I had to remove the insulation from the headlight wire, so I let go of the sub wire. I forgot that i had the carpet and trim pulled away. I slowly watched it just tap the chasis, but it moved and I grabbed it. It was so quick that the fuse didn't even blow.

It's triple wrapped in electrical tapped right now. Its bomb proof ;) This isn't my first time messing with electronics...just my first time with relays :smile: