Glove box knob...

Captain Ficho

I own a 92 CS International Sedan and I was going to get a CD out of the glovebox so I turn the knob, nothing. I turn it once more and the whole lock dropped to the floor. Just fell straight out of the hole. Now I can't open my glovebox, I've tried holding it in place and turning it but it just won't open. Any suggestions? My ownership is in there as well as a couple CDs are in there... I'd like to get them back without brute force... WTF. :mad:

ah typical bullcrap, that happens ALL the time with that dash. You may be able to stick a small screwdriver in the hole and push the latch towards the front of the car. Take a look up there w/ a flashlight you'll see what I mean. Other option is to pull the lid towards you while lifting up.

That was the way my car was when I first got it, take a small flashlight and a small flathead and you should be golden. Replacement knob was about 20 bucks from the dealer :confused:

The flathead worked perfectly, just fidgeted with it a few seconds this morning and it popped open. I'm undecided whether or not I should get a new one, I'll look into it.

the only one I had problems with.... is when some A$$PHAT went into the unlocked car and took a chisel or scewdrive to the knob and sheared it off. yeah... this was a PERFECT garage kept dash before that. on a trip to a j/y I snagged a latch from a januk car, put it in my toolbox, and everything is as is was.... except I was unable to beat some @&*$@!(*&^ autophiliac and stick him in a shallow grave cause I don't know who did it.

lol that happened to me last year. i used it that morning. then in the afternoon i turned it and it wouldnt open. so i said F it came back like an hour later and the knob had fallen off lol. use a paper clip in the hole on the replacement to hold the clip in then it just goes right in. It is self explanitory.

the only one I had problems with.... is when some A$$PHAT went into the unlocked car and took a chisel or scewdrive to the knob and sheared it off. yeah... this was a PERFECT garage kept dash before that. on a trip to a j/y I snagged a latch from a januk car, put it in my toolbox, and everything is as is was.... except I was unable to beat some @&*$@!(*&^ autophiliac and stick him in a shallow grave cause I don't know who did it.

...why did you leave it unlocked? :willynilly:

my brother did it. He's an assphat.

He also blew two like new tires and bent a rim on the 95 last week. dude... that WAS a curb. no warranty on the tires :( My 93 vert is sitting on blocks in cleveland... he has had to steal 2 rims off of it :(