has anyone encountered this before?

rglguy

now i know in this forums infinate w-body wisdom, someone must have encountered somthing likew this

anyone ever stop the car and smoke starts oozing out from behind the steering wheel, i mean between the whell and the turn/wiper/HB switch housing....

and if you have what didy ou find, also after this my dash lights dont work, my radio does tho... when i saw the smoke, i pulledo ut all fuses that have anything to do with the circuits that were in there that could over heat, it stopped, but now the lights dont work and all fuses are good......

thx in advance guys and gals

yes, that happened to me, i replaced my turn signal switch and it never happened again, its probably a wire thats shorting out, but i replaced my turn signal switch and it never happened again, check to see if all your blinkers and all the other exterior lights work (blinkers, hi-low beam, hazards) especially in the rear lighs, after i replaced the switch everything worked fine!

Yeah, been there, done that. Its pretty freaky the first time, but after that I thought it was neat, and my passengers liked it alot too. Definitely the Turn Signal Switch

Robby

been there, done that... turn signal cylender switch... kinda costly to fix if you take it to a shop.... if you have a steering wheel puller, you may be able to do it yourself with generic parts or you can order the switch... i'll get you a part number if i can fine the invoice from mine...

- Justin