Custom wheels for my Cutty!!!

Dannymik

:roll: I would like to know what bolt patterns can be put on our W Body vehicles? I believe they have the 5X115 bolt pattern. Would anything else fit...because it seems that most rims I find that I like come with the 5X114.3 pattern :x ! ITs very frustrating

w-body.jpg

mine were 5x108.... or at least that is what is on the invoice, the back of the wheel, and the tool that was used to measure it... i dunno why it would be different... maybe not stock??? Mine is an ex cop car so i have found all kinds of cool shit and most of the car is GM performance Heavy duty shit...

but ii like my wheels, i got them from discount tire factory for $400 with tires!!! the wheels were brand new and the tires (michillen Pilot Sport) had 85% tread left. I Think the total cost was like $460 out the door... cuz the lug nut kit was $40 and then tax. The only reason i got a good deal is cuz they had a set of used wheels, but they wouldnt clear my caliper bracket and i had been waiting there for like 3 hours already, so dude was like since you been waiting, i'll give you new ones for the same price.

- Justin

Your car is 5x115mm, they don't make hubs in 5x108 that fit.

It's possible you could have squeezed 5x108 wheels on there if the bolt holes were big enough, but I wouldn't recommend it.

5x108 is the Ford "small" bolt pattern. I think Taurus/Sable and maybe Contour have that pattern.

I have scoured Ebay and thought about making a bid, but then you go to the fittings charts and they say that it will not fit. Maybe they are going off exact measurements?

w-body.jpg[/img]

I think they're most likely going by caliper support bracket clearance.

You'd be surprised how many wheels out there of the right bolt pattern and offset actually WON'T fit.

Offset CAN determine whether the wheel will clear the caliper support or not, but not always.

Offset is the distance of the hub mounting surface and the center of the wheel. The larger the offset, the more tucked in the wheel will be. The smaller the offset, the more the wheel sticks out.

I think the factory 5-stars on the Cutlass are +35mm. The 16" pie-cut wheels on my '89 are +44mm. That would make you think anything from +35 to +44mm would fit, but not so. My new aftermarket wheels are +42mm and they don't clear the bracket at all, but I've heard of some with the same offset that do.

I think the only SURE way to tell if the wheel will clear the caliper bracket is to try it. Or if you see another W-body with the wheels you want, that's a pretty good way to tell too!

It is a difficult process. I actually called the man himself.. Boyd Coddington to see what he could do for me. I have him the specs I needed and what the car was and they style I want. It was something like $250 a rim, but would take a month as he had to make them. All in all that isn't too bad.

There are a lot of wheels out there for the 97+ GP's. I am gonna to check this winter to see if I can modify my cutlass with that suspension, which is not only better but offers more wheel options.

what i really want to get is a packaged deal with the tires. I want white rims to match the stripes...thinking that it would go better with my car. The polished rims I have now look good, but I need a change! :shock: :naughty:

w-body.jpg

Anyone have any custom wheels for these series 2 w-body cars?? :roll: 1995 Cutlass Supreme

That should be gen1 not gen2. If it was gen2 you wouldn't have half as much trouble. Anyway it is almost impossible to tell if a wheel will fit unless you test it. I can't tell you how many I have tried with no success. About the best you can do is go to a shop and have them try rims till they find one that fits. I know this isn't anything that hasn't already been said but just wanted to confirm that those front caliper brackets are a bitch and will almost surely spoil any deal you find.