Need some bass in the Bonne GXP

xtremerevolution

So I decided that the stock head unit on the GXP is decent, and the speakers are pretty good as well. However, I need some more bass, and I don't want to buy a new head unit and amp the speakers. That, and I like the 12-disc CD changer in the trunk and built-in XM radio. How would I go about getting an amp and sub set up in the trunk?

Does the head unit on the GXP have any RCA outputs at all?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No in fact the G bodys from 2001 and up have the Data link serial cable in the back of their HUs. It totally sucks to use for any aftermarket equipment at all in fact, you want to be a baller I suggest you get Navigation out of a Cadiallc STS or DTS its a direct plug and play and the BCM will flash the Pontiac logo on the HU on start up. They have pre outs as well.

No in fact the G bodys from 2001 and up have the Data link serial cable in the back of their HUs. It totally sucks to use for any aftermarket equipment at all in fact, you want to be a baller I suggest you get Navigation out of a Cadiallc STS or DTS its a direct plug and play and the BCM will flash the Pontiac logo on the HU on start up. They have pre outs as well.

so how much could I snag one of those for?

You can buy them from Junk Yards for under $400

A guy on Aleromod spent $400 to have his VIN progged by the stealership and installed there that also included the price of one used.

You can buy them from Junk Yards for under $400

A guy on Aleromod spent $400 to have his VIN progged by the stealership and installed there that also included the price of one used.

There was a guy with an 02+ S10 and he put one out of a Rendezvous into his.

A line output convertor will work. The amp is in the trunk, you can catch the speaker wires back there. Also, you can catch the remote turn on lead at the amp too, should be pink.

Battery is under the back seat.

I have a very nice output convertor if you need one.

How much?

A line output convertor will work. The amp is in the trunk, you can catch the speaker wires back there. Also, you can catch the remote turn on lead at the amp too, should be pink.

You mean there's an actual amp for this sound system in the trunk and its not just amped by the head unit?

And the car battery is under the back seat?

You mean there's an actual amp for this sound system in the trunk and its not just amped by the head unit?

And the car battery is under the back seat?

Yes. On both accounts.

I've never installed one that required a seperate ground.

However, they all do come with the option of grounding it, to eliminate noise.

The one's that BB sells are fully adjustable as well. It's just more of the fact that Rob got pwn3d when he paid $45.

• 4 weeks later...

The best bet for those nav systems is to find one out of a Toyota Matrix. Its basicly direct plug and play with no flash of the BCM. Then you just have to get the GPS sensor, and hook it up.

That took a long damned time !!

yeah, I was pissed. So for this, I'm going to nail them for the foglight wiring harness, trunk leak (had 3" of standing water in the trunk well), and the misfire all at once. I'm definitely going to be getting my money's worth out of this warranty.