Alternator replacement on 3100

MikeP2389

I know this has probably been covered before. but how do you get the alternator off and loosen the belt tensioner? anyone have a write up or something? my alternator is taken a shit because the volts light and abs light are coming on now and my battery is fine. can someone help lol?

thanks.

It works easiest to take a 1/4 (IIRC?) ratchet and put it in the tensioner and lift up.. that'll relieve the tension and you can pull the belt off.

Aside from that, there are three bolts that come out, disconnect the plugs and wiggle 'er free.

It works easiest to take a 1/4 (IIRC?) ratchet and put it in the tensioner and lift up.. that'll relieve the tension and you can pull the belt off.

Aside from that, there are three bolts that come out, disconnect the plugs and wiggle 'er free.

yea that works pretty good i did it on a jeep 4.0

Congrats on the alternator. Odds are you will be doing it again while you own the car :lol:

(not related to alternators)

For you Utica guys. I was there for most of the weekend, and I was amazed at the lack of car washes. Are there any self washes?! I couldn't find one on 5,12,8, Genesee Street.....and one closed one on French Ave by the hospital

I took my sig pic in a plaza off 5 past the mall in New Hartford.

ya, there is a decent self wash on oriskany blvd across from Wendy's and Advance Auto Parts that I normally go to, the Citgos on genesee and commercial drive suck ass and there is one of them no touch laser washes or whatever on commercial drive and oriskany blvd as well, but I have never gone to em.

theres actually quite a few but there pretty spread out thats why. i like two of em that are in marcy ones a diy and the other one is called superior car wash and its an automated one and it does a really good job imo. my gf bought me some coupons for there :biggrin:. but utica pretty much sucks lol. when your up here again we should have like a little meet or somethin. meltboy what part of utica you from? im in north/

Hmm why is it that everone has trouble with that back bolt?

When I did mine, I just took the bracket that the alternator sits on, took it off with the alternator still on it, put it in a vice, too the alternator off, put the new one on and put it back in. Taking off that bracket was 3 15mm bolts.

theres actually quite a few but there pretty spread out thats why. i like two of em that are in marcy ones a diy and the other one is called superior car wash and its an automated one and it does a really good job imo. my gf bought me some coupons for there :biggrin:. but utica pretty much sucks lol. when your up here again we should have like a little meet or somethin. meltboy what part of utica you from? im in north/

Definitely I'd like to set something up. I am interviewing for a job at WKTV this summer. If it works out, I'll be working in Utica every weekend

So am I, I live in deerfield 2 houses from north utica... lol

some of us on tgpforums.com were gona plan something for this summer somewhere in the area...

ya, well I only drove it from Aug to Oct this year, and it is currently sitting in my driveway... :(

but ya, I wouldn't mind doin somethin sometime, be nice to get some new car friends in the area!

Did you happen to go to the car shows at the Radison this summer, I brought it there one day?

ahh, well you didn't miss out on much, mostly imports with fart tips and intakes thinking they were hot shit...

There was a couple nice RX-7s there and my friend brought his firehawk and there were a couple nice muscle cars, but mostly crap... :P