Royal Purple

hoodilio

I am thinking about switching to Royal Purple oil in my 1993 Cutlass Supreme with a 3100v6, and i am just wundering if anyone has ever tried it, and if i should use 5w30 or 10w30.

royal purple is the oil of the gods. i had a 97 chevy truck w/ 43k miles, switched from dino oil to RP and the motor ran so much smoother and quieter afterward. and w/ 17k mile oil changes it came out clean as it went in. i'm sold on it and wont use anything else unless its a beater.

I like Amsoil synthetic myself. It doesn't break down at all. One time when my dad hit a deer w/ our volvo, he drove it 7 miles (he turned the car off when going down hills though) with no antifreeze in the car. I think that's kind of impressive.

hes saying the motor didnt get too hot because the oil inside kept it well lubricated and running smooth and soaked up some of the heat, without the coolant there to help it cool down the oil in the engine gets VERY hot and will break down and the engine will sieze because of all the expansion and everything, get it?

I use royal purple in both my engine and my transmission. From the first time I used it my engine ran smoother.

RP claims that if you use thier engine oil, transmission oil and some other treatment they have that you can gain upto 10hp, I doubt thats true but I do know it has made things alot smoohter.

You can sometimes find it in race shops and smaller independant parts stores, if you cant find it in your area just have a shop order it for you.

...You can sometimes find it in race shops and smaller independant parts stores, if you cant find it in your area just have a shop order it for you.

The ferrari dealer sells it by my house :D i guess they use RP from the factory in all the new ferraris.

- Justin

...You can sometimes find it in race shops and smaller independant parts stores, if you cant find it in your area just have a shop order it for you.

The ferrari dealer sells it by my house :D i guess they use RP from the factory in all the new ferraris.

- Justin

really? well damn theres another good reason for it there, good enough for a ferarri, good enough for my baby :)

On one of the automobile television shows i watch, they changed all the fluids in some old clasic chevy (don;t remember wat it was), but they changed all the fluids to Royal Purple products and the dyno result with the RP products added 10hp.

If you have a high performanc cam don't use a full synthetic. Been through two of them and I have learned. A synthetic blend mayby be ok I don't really know.

My Motor had 194k, .0015 taper in the bore, but .020-.030 wear on the cam. Just a heads up.

Jud

Yea for some reason I am a chatter box tonight!

i use castrol high mileage ... 10w40 works pretty good ... hasent used a drop of oil since last oil change , about 2.5k miles ago =) i sometimes race ... yall think i should make a change to a synthetic oil ... castrol syntec or RP? i have 152 k miles

On one of the automobile television shows i watch, they changed all the fluids in some old clasic chevy (don;t remember wat it was), but they changed all the fluids to Royal Purple products and the dyno result with the RP products added 10hp.

yah I saw that show too, I think it was a camaro, but still pretty sweet for just changing the fluids!! :D :shock:

If you have a high performanc cam don't use a full synthetic. Been through two of them and I have learned. A synthetic blend mayby be ok I don't really know.

My Motor had 194k, .0015 taper in the bore, but .020-.030 wear on the cam. Just a heads up.

Jud

Yea for some reason I am a chatter box tonight!

194k on the original cam??? Also which synthetic did you normally use?