two subs but only one preout??

GtipGary

I have two subs that i want to hook up. I have everything wired its all good it all worked fine on my other cd player before it got stolen. So i got a new cd player, but it only has one subwoofer preout?? I went up to circuit city and got an rca y adapter but when i plug that in my subs get sooo quite that I cant even here them. Im definately getting more sound out of one sub when one rca is used, than when i use the splitter and turn on both of them. Any ideas/ suggestions?????

I have two subs that i want to hook up. I have everything wired its all good it all worked fine on my other cd player before it got stolen. So i got a new cd player, but it only has one subwoofer preout?? I went up to circuit city and got an rca y adapter but when i plug that in my subs get sooo quite that I cant even here them. Im definately getting more sound out of one sub when one rca is used, than when i use the splitter and turn on both of them. Any ideas/ suggestions?????

Does one of your sub amps have an RCA out?

ok I read it wrong. Get a set of RCA's... they go from the cd player to the amp. You need to BRIDGE the subwoofers and put those wires into the amp. Theres your set-up.

OOOHHHH ok that actually makes a lot of sense... ill go try that in a few minutes!

Jeremy, Two preouts being left and right/red and white. Two subs usually need two Rca wires so that the left and right channel can work... idk if you just read it wrong or w/e but yeah...

ok I read it wrong. Get a set of RCA's... they go from the cd player to the amp. You need to BRIDGE the subwoofers and put those wires into the amp. Theres your set-up.

OOOHHHH ok that actually makes a lot of sense... ill go try that in a few minutes!

Jeremy, Two preouts being left and right/red and white. Two subs usually need two Rca wires so that the left and right channel can work... idk if you just read it wrong or w/e but yeah...

lol now I get what you're trying to do. Just make sure you get the right impedance when you bridge those subs. Different methods will yield different levels of impedance, which may or may not be supported by your amp.

lol now I get what you're trying to do. Just make sure you get the right impedance when you bridge those subs. Different methods will yield different levels of impedance, which may or may not be supported by your amp.

Very true. We need to know what Ohm your subs are, DVC or SVC, what ohm's your amp is stable at.

i dont know what my amp is... i blew my old one and now i have a cheap ass insignia 800 watt amp, that i snagged from shocktherapy... My subs on the other hand are dual voice coil and they are two ohm stable. kicker Cvr 12s

As of recent, the only decks to have came into my install bay with one subwoofer output (mono output, since in all reality, you only really ever hear a monotone from your subwoofers anyways) are Jensen and Dual.

Hopefully you didn't buy either of those.

they are wired like the top diagram... and the whole bridging thing didnt work it just made them sound really weird... idk maybe ill just get rid of the two twelves and buy a jl w7 15 and a big ass amp for that. Im thinking about just having one sub instead of two... i would have more room that way too

As of recent, the only decks to have came into my install bay with one subwoofer output (mono output, since in all reality, you only really ever hear a monotone from your subwoofers anyways) are Jensen and Dual.

Hopefully you didn't buy either of those.

[hijack]

I had my CD player installed at Best Buy when I first had my car...it was supposedly $90 installed...but ended up being $180 when it was all said and done. Did i get ganked? I will have them install anything again.

[/hijack]