New to the site and looking at buying my 1st GTP

1tinindian

OBD 1: Easy to use, easy to tune, although there isn't a whole lot to adjust. It's like using DOS to run programs. Less parameters to adjust etc. When it comes to fixing a OBD 1 its easy. But the car won't diagnose itself as much as OBD II. IE-if you have a misfire it won't tell you if there is one or on what cylinder, etc.

OBD 1.5: Hybrid system between 1-2. Pointless. Barely/can't be tuned and I don't think it does anything different than OBD 1 diagnose wise. Hard to find place that will scan them also, since GM is the only company to make up such a frankenstein system.

OBD II: More sensors and parameters the computer monitors. Easier to tune, many people can do it. If something goes wrong its very descriptive, alot easier to diagnose if you an SES light. Alot more potential when it comes to performance.

I would take OBD II since its just the easiest possibilities. Plus the 96 3.4 is better IMO than any of the other years.