What to do?

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

There are some people that are supposed to be buying my 85 Olds Regency 98 on Friday. If they come out and get the car that will warrant me about 800.00. Any ideas to what I could do to lightly mod my car. i'm thinking maybe an underdrive pulley or high performance pcm upgrade, but you guys are the experts so I need some opinions. I'm looking to do something for about $4-500.00

With the rest I'm buying an oil change, GPS(for storm chasing this Spring), and a really nice car wash.

the rest left from that is getting saved up in the bank.

I've been looking and I can't find underdrive pulleys anywhere for my GP.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

If I do the fog lights I'm gonna just buy two new ones. I know I don't have to but I'm kind of anal sometimes about uniformity. The PCM can wait. I might do that come Spring. The wheels and rims are still in very good shape. So I know I don't have to worry about those right now.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I have some questions about an underdrive pulley though. I've read about them. Will an underdrive pulley cause my other belt driven devices such as the A/C compressor, alternator, and water pump to run slower, or less up to standard than normally. If not I could probably check one out. How much would you be selling it for. MY car is a 96 GP SE Coupe with a GenIII 3100 SFI V6 motor. I don't know how to put on pulley's so I'd have to have my mechanic do it. Of course he's one of those guys that if I don't need it done he'll tell me about it. LOL!!

How much does an underdrive pulley help when it comes to horsepower/torque?

Basically is it cost-effective?

What are the pros and cons of utilizing an underdrive pulley?

Note: I'm not worried about an underdrive pulley hurting my car. I'm just trying to put the feeler out on how to effectively and inexpensively mod my car.